In 1862, an old schoolhouse [which then stood in Veteran's park] saw the beginning of a new church. Two ministers began to preach there--planting the fertile seed which would sprout and grow into Zion Parish. Five years later, in 1867, the church was formally organized with 16 members.
The first church building was erected on the present site in 1868; but, the congregation saw such continual growth that a larger church [the present one] had to be built in 1900. This building was dedicated on January 20, 1901.
A new addition was added and consecrated on May 2, 1993 to provide more classroom and office space, as well as a fellowship hall/gym.