INDOOR WORSHIP TO RETURN TO ZION
EASTER SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2021
Greetings Zion friends! We are happy to share that we are planning to return to worship inside our church sanctuary beginning on Easter Sunday. What a great way to celebrate our risen Savior!! We are allowed to have 50 or less people in our sanctuary for services. Sunday school for children will also resume on this Sunday in the fellowship hall.
This indoor option will be in addition to the broadcasts in the parking lot on 90.9 FM, and the online worship services that we have been enjoying during the pandemic. These options will continue to be available to anyone who is not comfortable worshiping indoors yet.
If you are interested in trying the indoor worship, the following information is important:
Entering the building:
- Everyone is asked to enter the building from the parking lot doors, so that we can keep a count of how many people will be worshiping. The front doors will be locked.
- Everyone must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth the entire time they are inside the building. If you forget your mask, we will provide one for you. This applies even if you are fully vaccinated.
- Children coming for Sunday school will go straight to the fellowship hall. Sunday school will take place during worship time. Children will also need to wear masks and socially distance.
- Everyone is encouraged to use hand sanitizer before entering the sanctuary.
- If we find that there are 50 people already in the sanctuary, people arriving after will be asked to return to the parking lot to worship in their cars while listening to the service on the radio 90.9 FM.
- Visitors will be asked to fill out a card including their contact information.
- Bulletins, and a wooden box for your offering will be placed at the back of the sanctuary.
- You will be asked to sit in pews that are not roped or taped off. You and your family group must sit at least 6 feet away from any other person or group.
- A picture of the worshipers will be taken each Sunday to aid in contact tracing if needed.
- No singing is allowed yet. But you are encouraged to hum songs softly. You do not have to hum every verse, or at all if you prefer not to; you can just enjoy listening to the music.
- We also ask that you use a soft voice when we read aloud as a group for the same reason.
- We will continue to use individually packaged communion elements on the first Sunday of each month.
Leaving the Service:
- At the close of the service, ushers will direct pews to leave in order to avoid congestion. Please wait until the usher directs you to leave your pew.
- Unfortunately, there will be no fellowship (or treats!) after the service for now. Please go straight out the back door. You can visit socially distanced outside if you would like to.
Whatever way you choose to worship, please join us as we praise our God!!